What is NDT?
Non-destructive testing is the process of inspecting, testing, or evaluating materials, components or assemblies for discontinuities, or differences in characteristics without destroying the serviceability of the part or system. In other words, when the inspection or test is completed the part can still be used.
Why use NDT?
Non Destructive Testing is:
- Ensured compliance
Where NDT can be applied?
- Steel Industries
- Cement Industries
- Production lines
- Steel Buildings
- Steel Structures
- Aerospace Industries
- Power plants
What works can be done utilizing NDT?
- Weld Inspections
- Shaft systems Inspections
- Machinery parts Inspections
- Materials integrity & identification
- Piping Inspections
- Storage Tanks & Pressure Vessels
- Composite Materials
What is Rope Access?
Rope access is a specialized method utilizing ropes and hardware used as the means of providing access and support to workers in inaccessible working points or sites in all kinds of refineries, factories and industrial sites and structures.
Why use rope access?
Rope access is:
- Low cost
- Low or no interference
Where rope access can be applied?
- Industrial environments
- Oil Tanks
- Industrial machines
- Production lines
- Steel buildings
- Steel frames
- Sky scrappers
What works can be done utilizing rope access?
- Structural inspections and non-destructive examination (NDE)
- Sand blasting and pressure washing
- Assist with surveys
- Civil, structural, and geo-technical engineers
- Tower and antenna installers
- Sealant installation and surface preparation
- Instrument installation
Rope access in applications other than industrial environment
- Concrete repair
- Rock scaling and anchoring
- Set installation
- Geological surveys
- Motion picture and theatrical set personnel
- Photography and cinematography
What is Field Metallography?
Field Metallography (also known as replication) is a powerful nondestructive technique used to detect principle failure mechanisms, determine the remaining service life, asses the inspection intervals for metal structures, equipment and machinery found in a wide range of industrial applications. By evaluating the remaining operational life of materials, components or structures, metallography contributes in:
- Avoiding hazards for personnel
- Production planning
- Service planning
- Investment planning
In a typical examination, the actual microstructure of the tested metal is exposed and transferred on a thin plastic film which serves as a replica of the actual metal. The replica is then thoroughly examined under a microscope.
Exposure and replication procedures do not affect the tested part and are performed in-situ, along with the replica evaluation.
Why use field metallography?
- In-Situ-Performed at the assets operation site
- Proactive-Reveals possible failure mechanisms before they fully develop
- Comprehensive-A wide variety of defects can be observed and assessed, from isolated cavities to macro cracks
- Non Destructive-The assets are not affected by the replication procedures and no specimens are required to be removed from the actual material
Where Field Metallography can be applied?
- Construction Works-Steel Structures
- Petrochemical Industry-Refineries
- Power Plants
- Materials Handling Equipment
- Metal and Scrap Industry
- Heavy Machinery
- Aerospace Industry
- Chemical Industry
- Food and Pharmaceutical Industry
What works can be done utilizing Field Metallography?
Field Metallography is used mainly to inspect:
- Assets operated at elevated temperature, where the microstructure can be altered (fire damage, creep damage, high temperature hydrogen attack and sensitization)
- Old equipment that may be subjected to material degradation
- Welded or heat-treated materials
- Newly purchased equipment to verify the material type and quality
Industrial Pressure Washing
We undertake the maintenance of industrial structures, refineries, buildings etc. using water jets and water & sand blasting. Moreover, we apply coatings. Our staff is experienced in tank cleaning with our professional high pressure washing systems.
Our services include:
- Cleaning of storage tanks internal and external
- Cleaning of metal surfaces and equipment (pipping, tanks , heat exchangers )
- Ultra stripping of surfaces
- Specialized cleaning of surfaces soda blasting
- Water jet with Ultra High Pressure (up to 1600 bars)
Industrial Steel Repairs and Coatings
Our qualified staff, rigorously selected among the best technicians, steel workers and welders specialized in marine applications are on hand to assist you..
Repair or reinforcement in steel storage tanks under pressure (at high or low temperatures)
- Steel repairs
- Finishing rebuilds
- Coatings for finishing
- Sealing leaks in hydrostatic pressure
What is Firefighting & Safety?
Industries and refineries sites are where we know best how to optimize fire protection systems and methods. Mechanisms aren?t always in place in order to attain optimal and timely extinguishment. We use cutting edge integrated processes in order to best utilize manpower in conjunction with firefighting equipment.
Why use Upper Limit Firefighting & Safety Services?
- Accurate and advanced potential extinguishment
- Safety of installations, buildings and personnel
- Advanced reliability of the equipment used at lower cost
- Reduced maintenance cost
- High ergonomics and easy handling from personnel with minimum experience and training
- Personnel rescue
- Reduced damage through minimizing extinguishing time
Where Firefighting services can be applied?
- Fire and Safety Risk Assessments for industry, petrol installations, production plants, etc.
- Optimization of the existing fire fighting systems and personal protection mechanisms.
- Design and/or construction of new plants as fire protection system which can also be offered partially as:
- Design, dimensioning of fire/safety equipment, selection of specifications and provision to the customer of all the required items.
- Construction and installation of the above.
- Construction, installation, maintenance of industrial areas, petrol sites, not only for firefighting systems but all production and supporting plants.
- Provision of all the items and equipment requested (mainly from USA and Germany) such as:
- Fire fighting network equipment (including pumps)
- Storage tank fire protection equipment
- Wheeled (transportable) extinguishing units of all agents and sizes.
- Foam proportioning systems
- Custom made, specially designed nozzles, monitors, water walls.
- Explosion proof equipment
- Specially designed hydrant valves of all types tested at very high pressures
- CAFS (Comprised Air Foam Systems)
- Water purification systems
- High quality agents (foam dry chemical etc.)
- Personal protection items including rescue ones
- Fittings and adapters of all types and high resistant hoses
- Portable equipment for monitoring temperature, flow and pressure and various inventions for troubleshooting of any case at industrial grade level
The above services of ULS are applied for advanced protection of:
- Refinery and chemical industry production units of Asropyrgos- Elefsis HELPE, EXXON Thessaloniki
- Atmospheric and vacuum distillation units
- Visbraker, fluid catalytic cracking and hydrocracker units.
- Isomerization, MTBE production, desulfurization (KLAUS) units.
- Pier and ship advanced fire protection areas
- Liquefied Petroleum Gas storage tanks (spheres?cylinders) and crude-petrol storage tanks improvements facing fire hazards and spillage conditions.
- Investigation, risk assessment and fighting/safety proposals after serious fire incident of EKO-EXXON Refinery and Terminals (Thessaloniki)
- Advanced extinguishment proposals for OKTA Refinery (Skopje) and equipment potential and layout.
- Advanced technics and strategy using upper limit fire fighting equipment technology seminars to Fire/Rescue teams (Public Fire Brigade)
- Crisis Management involvement and Emergency Response civil protection of hypothetic scenarios in collaboration with Authorities (Army, Police, Coast Guard, Fire Brigade, Town Hall)
- Consultancy at Ministry of Industry at section of Fire Protection for Fire Law improvements.
- Equipment and potential upgrade of several fire trucks:
- SIDES (France) x 3 trucks
- HILTON (Netherlands) boom equipped
- CHINETTI (Italy)
- EAS (Greek Army Manufacturer) New small truck designed and constructed.
- Upgrading and redimenshioning of fire protection of several factories of Greek industry:
- FULGOR (Industrial Cable Manufacturer)
- PATRAIKI CHARTOPIIA (Paper Manufacturer)
- SULFUR WAREHOUSE (HELPE)
- GERMAN SUPERMARKET LIDL warehouses x 3 (all over Greece)
- Cretan Food factory
- SOLINOURGIA KORINTHOS (pipe factory)
- State Factory of Munitions production and warehouse
- Safety checks at Greek industry on behalf of TUV REINHLAND
- Fuel truck loading advanced level fire attack proposals all over Greece
- Optimization / upgrading of fire system at Recycling Facility.
- Fire network design improvement at Terminals of final and intermediate fuels
- EKO ? EXXON (Aspropyrgos)
- PACHI ? MEGARA
- Ergonomy and personnel safety seminars to Public and Private Companies.
Collaborations of Upper Limit Firefighting & Safety Services
UPPER LIMIT SOLUTIONS is involved in international and domestic collaborations with the largest manufacturers and organizations such as:
- Akron Brass (Ohio, USA)
- Elkhart Brass (Indiana, USA)
- Williams (Texas, USA)
- Darley (Wisconsin, USA)
- RISK (Rotterdam, Netherlands)
- Pele Fittings (Frankfurt, Germany)
- ZR AWG Armaturen (Frankfurt, Germany)
- TKW (Hanau, Germany)
- CNPP (Normandy, France)
- Tecnicas Reunidas (Madrid, Spain)
- Ministry of Defence (Greece)
- Polytechnic Institute of Crete (Crete, Greece)
- Biotek and other contractor specialized in chemical industry.